All of us have memory lapses at times but if you’re noticing this more often than you’d like, you may want to consider hypnosis.
In order to understand how the use of hypnosis may be used to improve your memory, let’s consider how memory actually works:
- First, a memory is created and stored.
- While not fully understood, experts hypothesize that there are three main types of memory, each lasting for different lengths of time: sensory memory, short-term memory, and long-term memory.
- Sensory memory continues for 1/5 to 1/2 second after perception through the five senses.
- Short-term memory (STM) will last for eighteen to thirty seconds, unless rehearsed in that time frame. (Example: a phone number)
- Long-term memory (LTM) is stored indefinitely and recalled as needed. When access to this stored information is obstructed or even blocked entirely, poor memory results.
Now, let’s look at how hypnosis works to remove obstructions and/or blockages with regard to memory.
Keeping in mind that problems may occur in the storage and/or retrieval of the memory information, it is important to remember that hypnosis brings one to a semi-conscious state in which the subject’s attention is concentrated on a specific area, slows down thinking, enhances the imagination, and averts distractions. Simply said, employed by a skilled practitioner, hypnosis can aid in focusing on each memory type, memory storage, and its recall.
It is also important to remember that in conjunction with your hypnosis sessions there are very real, very productive things that you can do on your own to improve your memory. For example:
- Stay positive. We believe what we tell ourselves. If you tell yourself you have a poor memory, you will surely create that situation.
- Brush up on your attention skills. Creating a strong focus may help to improve your memory.
- Play memory games such as trivia or jigsaw puzzles. Our minds need exercise in order to stay sharp.
- Anxiety and depression can cause poor concentration, leading to poor memory. Be aware of your emotional health.
Dan Vitchoff has become known for excellence in Mental Training and Hypnosis. His patented and trademarked 33 MethodTM Mental Training and Performance Coaching techniques drew National and International Media attention after being used by Vincent Hancock and Glenn Eller to win Olympic Gold. The 33 MethodTM is a unique combination of sports psychology, mental training, hypnosis, visualization, and imagery paired with specific types of soothing music and brain wave technology to help athletes, entertainers and business executives focus their mental energy. Vitchoff also uses the 33 MethodTM to help clients lose weight, stop smoking, and reduce anxiety in his Pittsburgh Hypnosis Center.
Don’t try to improve your memory without help……. Plan for your success! Start remembering more with Dan Vitchoff’’s powerful and effective 33 MethodTM Hypnosis!
To request an interview or for more information, please visit http://www.33method.com or http://www.pahypnosiscenter.com or contact Patricia at (724) 934-8446 or via email Dan Vitchoff at email@example.com